Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 58 : Fully Medicated


Fact: Ever since I can remember I've suffered from allergies and asthma.

Tuesday, I went to go see an allergist for my asthma and allergies. I had a terrible episode and it's has gotten to the point where I have forgotten what it feels like to be normal. My peak flow test showed my lungs were working at 70% of what they should be. This is the reason I feel so out of breath running up the stairs, jumping into bed, walking across campus and everything else. Not because I'm out of shape. I don't know what shape I'm in because I can't breathe long enough to find out.

I haven't sneezed once today. It is the strangest thing to me. Out of habit I breathe through my mouth, but now, I can sit comfortably and breathe through my nose. It is so incredible. I can stand outside and watch the pollen float through the air and not get a sinking feeling that I'm going to sneeze an organ out five minutes later.

Asthma inhaler
Steroids
Z-pack
Clarinex
Nasal Spray

The allergist told me I need to get a "healthy" evaluation in Lubbock. See what my peak flow is when I'm not suffering from an allergy/asthma attack. Oh joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment