Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 46 : Shootout Saloon

This is one of my favorite moments of the Cultural Day event at Main Event. The Shootout Saloon. It is my favorite because my Canon 580EX flash set off ALL the sensors in this game! I got the biggest kick out of it and so did they.

I was asked to join the Intensive English students on their cultural day to photograph the event. The program needs more photos of the students, specifically, photos that are not "far-away-group-shots." I had more fun than I expected to have. I met some wonderful people and had some pretty incredible moments.

On the way to the event, I carpooled with several students. A Japanese student and I had a conversation on the way there. We both struggled to understand and be understood but it really gave me so much respect for him that he tried to figure out what I was asking him.

"Have you ever been to Main Event before?" I asked him. He didn't understand. OK.
"Have you ever been to the place we are going?" Sill nothing.
"Main Event, that place, have you gone there before?" ....
He answered that he had only been in Texas for 6 months, or something like that. Close enough. We all had a good laugh about it in the end.

Overall the day was fantastic. I had a blast taking the photos. I can only hope this is one of many experiences with these students I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment