Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 23 : Ice Queen Emerging

Recent photo, taken Jan 29th with Rob, and I just got to editing it. This is the only shot I was really happy with from this shoot. The crosses were wonderful, but that dang vase was so difficult to shoot! I was so frustrated with it by the end of the afternoon that I wanted to shove it in my closet and forget about it. Or as least, shove it away until I forgot about how much it frustrated me.

I like the way this image looks - mostly because the vase appears to be made of ice. Ice emerging from snow. Pretty freaky. If I saw an ice person coming out of the churchyard I'd run. Seriously. Ice people are not something you want to play around with.

3 comments:

  1. nicely done. what cemetery is this? I have never seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob found it, it's just a tribute, but I think it is on 58th and Slide. I don't remember for sure. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't shove the face vase in a closet and forget about it! i say we try a lot more things with it and learn damn exciting ways to shoot it...with cameras that is.

    ReplyDelete