Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 43 : Campus Archway

This is the entrance to the Civil Engineering Building at Texas Tech. When I walked by it I was awed at the curve of the arch, but also of the blue sky. The curve is accentuated by my wide angle lens but overall I just love the feel of this shot.

Today in Portfolio we went out as a class (all 5 of us) and took photos of the faces in the architecture. I shot this after class. The concept was to be 12 inches to 3 feet away. I was standing 12 inches from the arch and metered from, well, about 3 feet above me.

Texas Tech truly is a beautiful place to get an education.

2 comments:

  1. Alison, I just LOVE this shot! I think it is so interesting to see the different perspectives we have on the same subject. This photo rocks!

    ReplyDelete