Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 25 : Midnight Ice

These past few weeks in Lubbock have been absolutely crazy weather-wise. As I was leaving the Education building from taking my stupid test (I have no idea why I have to take this pointless class! EDIT 2318 - who the crap made this required? It's pointless, a waste of my time and money. I know I am not the only one thinking this.) So, as I was leaving from taking my test, I stumbled upon a pile of frozen snow that was still present after the recent snow/ice/rain freakout Lubbock had.

Lately I've felt so uninspired about this project. I've had a hater barking in my ear about how stupid this is, yet at the same time I've had so many people tell me they're enjoying it. I don't know what to do about it - thus the lag time in updates. I want to continue this project because it's something productive to do and it forces me to have my camera in my hands every day, or at least thinking about it every day.

Stupid haters hating on me. I know you're reading this too, and I know you've apologized, but I still had to vent.

5 comments:

  1. I have been enjoying the photos, bummer you couldnt join us for the last photo adventure...are you free saturday for an adventure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. I often find myself wondering: will this project really make me a better photographer OR will this project make me hate photography...only time will tell. but i too have often questioned the continuation of this project.

    I hope you stick with it. i am trying too...I think the key is us getting more outings organized - which i realize is tough with school and work schedules - but we can make it happen. I know i always feel more motivated after a good outing with other photogs.

    Anyway, you should stick with it! and lets try to get somethings organized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm free Saturday. What are we doing and where are we going?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just discovered I could do this from my website url and not have to log in to google, hooray! this is lenire from above.

    I kind of want to go to planeview or any other small towns around here that are close by

    I want to shoot kind of a ghost town, but do not know of any.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Google ghost towns in West Texas...

    ReplyDelete