Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 4 : Characteristicly Green

I love shooting natural light. I think that's mostly because I still haven't figured out how to successfully manage a flash. While I was at my Papa's, my sister Jaclyn and I walked around his little cottage in the woods to look for things that stood out. She shoots with a Canon CyberShot. I've got a Canon Rebel XTi. While I'm shooting in RAW/JPG, she's got these awesome HD photos with colors that just POP right out at you. I may be semi-jealous except for the fact that she has no manual control over that thing because it's just a point-and-shoot, while I have full control over every photograph I take. That makes her jealous.

I like this photo because it posesses a lot. Young, new leaves holding water, shriveled old leaves that had been munched on by bugs behind them, and strong mature leaves at the base supporting the other leaves.

1 comment: