Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 83 : My Sister


This is a scanned photograph.

I took this photo several years ago, I'm pretty sure my junior year of high school. Crickett is like my sister. We got her Spring of 2000 when we first moved to Texas from Las Vegas, NV. In this photo she is 5 years old. She is 10 years old now and unfortunately suffering from some health issues. It's sad to see someone you love so much grow old and struggle to do things that used to be so easy before.

I love Crickett. She is the most amazing dog and has so much personality. More nurturing than I could even imagine, she would take care of stuffed animals and has been a mother to any animal we brought into the Church home. Growing up with her, I can't imagine life without her.

I could write all day about this wonderful dog, but I don't know if my heart can take it. I love her so much and miss her a lot some days. I keep thinking back to when I left home after Easter. I was so wrapped up in leaving I forgot to say goodbye to Crickett. I don't want that to be the last time I see her.

"I have sometimes thought of the final cause of dogs having such short lives and I am quite satisfied it is in compassion to the human race; for if we suffer so much in losing a dog after an acquaintance of ten or twelve years, what would it be if they were to live double that time?"

Sir Walter Scott

4 comments:

  1. My beautiful baby girl. Both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://mail.ttu.edu/owa/attachment.ashx?attach=1&id=RgAAAAC5w4iZpfynRaS4SzxfirKlBwAZbiSIjzZuTpgQegt85qxcAAAANSbDAABGV4%2ffE51fSpagM%2bInm3FoAP%2fh7t9QAAAJ&attid0=EADr6KJhE6ZMQq5o%2fYU8RzeA&attcnt=1

    This is a link to my baby girl. She's turning 11 soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the one who waddles for youOctober 13, 2010 at 4:57 PM

    this makes me think of your old house on fielder

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly where I took this photo. :) The backyard of the house on Fielder.

    ReplyDelete