Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 136: Sexy Petey

Petey is awesome. It took me a while to realize I was falling in love with this purring fart machine but once I did, I learned about a new kind of happiness. When I was little, I had a severe allergy to cats. That was an allergic reaction from hell. This allergy made me shy away, avoid at all costs and become slightly phobic of having cat hair and dander on me for too long. I was the epitome of an OCD freak when it came to my post-cat-touching ritual. Then when I was in High School, my baby sister adopted a kitten without us knowing about it and my allergies while the cat was in the house didn't change at all. I was terrified to test those waters but I did. My allergy, while still present, was not severe but mild. It was the same as my allergy to dogs. (For those who don't know, I'm allergic to basically everything that grows on this planet and breathes on this planet).
My hesitation towards cats has definitely decreased and Petey is just so sweet. I still have a reaction toward him but it is very mild in comparison to what it was when I was five. Petey will sit on my lap and fall asleep there, purring the entire time. He likes to follow me around when I'm outside. He likes to perch himself on my shoulder and kiss my nose.

Now do you see why I have fallen in love with Petey?

No comments:

Post a Comment