Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 118: Benjamin Lightning


Believe it or not, this was my very first time to ever photograph lightning. I don't know how I have gone this long as a photographer, with beautiful West Texas skies around me without, but it was exciting and frustrating.

At first when the storm rolled around the lightning was staying in the clouds but then as the storm moved over us the lightning began to break out of the sky. Walking down the road a bit was all I needed to get this shot.

There's supposed to be another storm tonight. Hopefully this one has an even better light show.

5 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I'll buy a print of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good! But you told me Lightnig shots are really easy. I don't think so.pc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lightning shots involve a lot of waiting and guessing where the lightning is going to be. You never know how the image is going to turn out. This is the original cropping. I got lucky. Lightning shots do involve a lot of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im with mason, i would hang this up on my wall in the living room huge style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! that is really beautiful! I would hang it up on the wall too.

    ReplyDelete